The increasing adoption of Westernized lifestyles coupled with ongoing economic development is driving up the number of cancer patients in China. Increased healthcare spending and an improved regulatory environment promise to make the Chinese market more attractive for drug developers.
Features and benefits
- An analysis of the key factors for success in China in the context of the overall healthcare industry
- An evaluation of the key active companies in the Chinese cancer sector and their market entry strategies
- In-depth analysis of the opportunities and threats facing the oncology market and patient care pathwys for the individual therapies
- Analysis of the current epidemiology and market trends within the Chinese oncology market
The Chinese oncology market will continue to grow as the number of elderly patients increases and lifestyles change as a result of urbanization. Increased healthcare spending and improved healthcare insurance coverage will further boost the consumption of cancer drugs.
While improved regulation of drug applications will accelerate market access for new oncology drugs, some regulatory issues remain potential threats. Among these are the drug pricing curb and the new tendering and bidding system.
International companies can gain improved access to the Chinese oncology market through manufacturing, marketing and distribution partnerships with local companies. Integrating China into the global drug development program will help accelerate the introduction of cancer drugs to the market.
Your key questions answered
- Understand patients care pathways in China and the key factors influencing the treatment cancer patients receive
- Identify the key international and local companies involved in the Chinese oncology market and their key oncology products
- Identify market access strategies to accelerate approval of drugs and gain maximum market penetration