Published by GBI Research
on Jul 6, 2011
, 88 pages
PDF format - Delivered by Email within 1 day
Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API) Market in Asia-Pacific to 2016 - The Merchant Market for Generics Continues to Grow as the Competition Increases
GBI Research's report, "Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API) Market in Asia-Pacific to 2016 - The Merchant Market for Generics Continues to Grow as the Competition Increases" provides detailed insight into the Asia-Pacific API market. The research presents detailed analysis and forecasts of the major economic and market trends affecting the API markets in this region. The report contains market forecasts, product type analysis, drivers and restraints, and competitive landscape of major producers in the region. In addition, it includes market forecasts, product type analysis, therapeutic categories analysis and SWOT analysis of the API markets in the major countries of the region. Overall, the report presents a comprehensive analysis of the Asia-Pacific API market, covering all the major parameters. The report is built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, primary and secondary research and in-house analysis by GBI Research's team of industry experts.
Asia-Pacific is the third largest regional market for APIs by revenue in the world after North America and Europe. The region is the fastest growing API market in the world. The Asia-Pacific API market grew consistently at a CAGR of 6.7% from 2005 to 2010. The year-on-year growth rate also increased continuously in this period. It is expected to witness an even higher growth rate in the forecast period. The Asia-Pacific API market revenues will grow at a CAGR of 9.6% from 2010 to 2016.
- Market revenue data for APIs from 2005 to 2010 and forecast for six years to 2016.
- API markets in key countries in the region: Japan, China, India and Sourh Korea.
- API industry structure and market trends such as a shift in manufacturing and growth in biotechnology for the Asia-Pacific region.
- Drivers of the API market, such as the growth of generic drugs, and restraints, such as patent expiries and SWOT analysis of the API market for the region's key countries.
- Information on the competitive landscape, with shares of leading companies such as Pfizer Inc, AstraZeneca International, GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals, Sanofi-Aventis and Novartis.
- Analysis of API revenue based on product types in the Asia-Pacific market and in key countries of the region.
- Analysis of API revenue based on therapeutic categories in the key countries.
Reasons to buy
- Develop business strategies with the help of specific insights on the Asia-Pacific API market.
- Identify opportunities and challenges in the Asia-Pacific API market.
- Invest in the growing segments of the API market.
- Increase future revenue and profitability with the help of insights on the future opportunities and critical success factors in the Asia-Pacific API market.
- Benchmark your operations and strategies against the major players in the global API market.