Published by Ovum
on Mar 2, 2011
, 27 pages
PDF format - Delivered by Email within 1 day
The new-generation smartphones and tablets are satisfying a sea change in consumer demand for mobile devices, a market that Apple's iconic iPhone initially created. Businesses are beginning to react to this change but how best to harness this opportunity for productivity benefit is not always clear.
Features and benefits
- There is an unmistakable shift from feature to smartphone as apps make the latter more desirable and in turn drives more developers to the platform
- Developers are pivotal to the mobile apps explosion, driving demand for MDEs that can cover the leading smart devices.
- Mobile application development is fragmented but de facto industry standard platforms are rapidly emerging.
The feature phone has the current mass market at over 3 billion users but the future is in smart devices, from new generation phones to tablets.
Your key questions answered
- Which tools support mobile development across all the popular mobile OSs?
- Which enterprise mobile development environments are available?
- Which technology will win out in the mobile space?