This report offers insights into market opportunities and entry strategies adopted to gain market share in the Japanese packaging industry. In particular, it offers in-depth analysis of the following:
- Market Opportunity and Attractiveness: Detailed analysis of current market size and growth expectations during 2010-15. It highlights key drivers to help understand growth dynamics. It also benchmarks the industry segments against key global markets and provides detailed understanding of emerging opportunities in specific areas.
- Procurement Dynamics: Trend analysis of exports and imports of packaging material, along with their implications and impact on the Japanese packaging industry.
- Industry Structure: Five forces analysis to understand various power centers in the individual industry segments and how they are likely to develop in the medium term.
- Competitive Landscape: Analysis of key companies in the public and private sectors of the Japanese packaging industry.
- Market Entry Strategy: Analysis of possible ways to enter the market along with an understanding of how existing operators have achieved this, including key contracts, alliances, and strategic initiatives.
- Business environment and country risk: a range of drivers at country level, assessing business environment and country risk. It covers historical and forecast values for a range of indicators, evaluating business confidence, economic performance, infrastructure quality and availability, labor force, demographics, and political and social risk.
- Analysis of packaging industry market size from 2006 through 2010 and forecasts till 2015
- Analysis of market size and production trend by paper and board, flexible plastic, rigid plastic, metal, and glass packaging segments
- Packaging equipment market size and forecast
- End use market dynamics
- Benchmarking with key global markets
- Market opportunities
- Packaging material import and export dynamics
- Industry dynamics: Five forces analysis of paper and board; flexible plastic; rigid plastic; metal; and glass packaging segments
- Market entry strategy
- Competitive landscape and strategic insights
- Business environment and country risk
Reasons to Purchase
- Gain insight into the Japanese packaging industry with current, historic and forecast period market size details of paper and board, flexible plastic, rigid plastic, metal and glass packaging segments
- Get insight on market opportunity and attractiveness
- Get insight on industry import and export dynamics
- Gain insight on industry structure
- Gain insight into the regulations governing the Japanese packaging industry and the potential market entry strategies with an expert analysis of the competitive structure
- Identify top companies of the Japanese packaging industry along with profiles on those companies
he growth of the packaging industry in Japan is driven by growth in exports and a growing food processing, beverages and luxury products market. In 2010, the Japanese packaging market was valued at XX billion, with a CAGR of 5.67% during the review period. The market saw a decline of in the market growth during 2008-10, due to the decline in export demand and also a decline in demand from domestic end use industries. The market is expected to be valued at XX billion by 2015, growing at a CAGR of 7.76% during the forecast period. There has been a growth in sales of packaged or consumer ready food as a result of demographic changes, particularly with more women entering the work force. There has been an increasing demand for healthy food such as nutrient enriched, lower cholesterol and additive free products. The packaging industry is adapting to meet the demand for new environmentally conscious packaging solutions.