Published by ICD-Research
on Nov 15, 2010
, 175 pages
PDF format - Delivered by Email within 1 business day
"Sustainability Management in the Food and Drink Manufacturing Industry 2010-2012: Market Opportunities, Food and Drink Manufacturing Industry Buyer Demand, Post Recession Dynamics and Business Trends Forecast" is a new report by ICD research in association with Food Business Review that analyzes how food and drink manufacturing companies perceive sustainability; specific procurement strategies and practices being undertaken; how sustainability initiatives have been affected by the economic downturn; and what actions are being taken to minimize its negative effects. This report also examines category-level spending outlooks; sustainable procurement budgets; supplier selection criteria; competitive structure developments; the principal challenges associated with the implementation of sustainability practices; market-specific growth opportunities; and the investment opportunities available for leading purchase decision makers. In addition, this report explores both buyer and supplier expectations of profitability as the industry progresses into 2011, and reveals the stakeholders responsible for sustainability-related decisions.
- Cost savings, managing corporate reputation and attracting new customers are major drivers influencing sustainability efforts in the food and drinks industry.
- Post recession some 73% of industry players are looking to increase their sustainability budget over the next 12 months, with only 27% looking to decrease it.
- More than 60% of companies in the food and drinks industry are collaborating with suppliers, professional bodies / trade associations and customers to achieve sustainable supply chain objectives.
- The report is based on primary survey research conducted by ICD Research accessing its B2B panels comprised of senior purchase decision makers and leading supplier organizations
- Opinions and forward looking statements on sustainability management of over 129 industry executives are captured in our in-depth survey, of which 70% represent Directors, C-levels & Departmental Heads
- Analysis of buyer spend on sustainability, sustainable procurement practices and post recession industry developments
- Key topics include category-level sustainability spending outlooks, market-specific growth opportunities, available investment opportunities and the principal challenges associated with the implementation of sustainability practices
- In the report buyers identify sustainability measures suppliers should undertake to maintain their business, along with their sustainable procurement budgets
- The geographical scope of the research is global - drawing on the activity and expectations of leading industry players across the Americas, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Africa & Middle East
Reasons to Purchase
- Drive revenues by understanding future sustainable product investment areas and growth regions by leading industry players
- Formulate effective sales & marketing strategies by identifying how buyer sustainability budgets are changing and where spend will be directed to in the future
- Better promote your business by aligning your capabilities and business practices with your customers' changing sustainability needs during these times of market uncertainty
- Secure stronger customer relationships by understanding the leading business concerns and changing strategies of buyers
- Uncover the business outlook, key sustainability challenges and opportunities identified by suppliers and buyers in the industry